Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Highlighted
Luminary

45min Delay in Notifications

I'm still seeing a delay in getting notifications, my last one 45mins coming through.

Message 1 of 14
Aspirant

Re: 45min Delay in Notifications

Have you heard of a fix for this I have same issue, its bs getting notified several minutes after motion,
How can this be a security system if your notifed after they rob you
Message 2 of 14
Guru

Are you talking about push or email notifications? Push notifications can be delayed if the phone is sleeping and you haven't changed the app's battery optimization in the phone settings. My push notifications come through in a few seconds.  Email depends on the whole Internet - we'd have to see the email headers to determine where the slowdown may have occurred.

Message 3 of 14
Luminary

I'm talking push
Message 4 of 14
Guru

What phone and OS? WHat about the battery optimization setting for the app?

Message 5 of 14
Luminary

Galaxy S10+ OS 9
Message 6 of 14
Aspirant

Push here also
Galaxy 10 here
I used to have arlo pro and it didnt have an issue I upgraded to a smarthub so I could add an ultra camera,
This seems to be when it started.
Worked with a support guy for 3 hours. Total joke, factory reset all phones and smart hub and uninstalled the app, none make a difference, although random, every once in a while it works instantly, but most of the time very delayed
Message 7 of 14
Guru

And the battery optimization for the app in the phone settings? I find very delayed notifications if the app is optimized and a reinstall of the app would set that back to being optimized. This may not be the issue but ya gotta look.

Message 8 of 14
Luminary

I did post a screenshot of my settings
Message 9 of 14
Community Manager

surfer1000,

Is every push notification delayed or is this intermittent? If you turn on email notifications, do you receive those quickly or are they also as delayed as the push notification?

JamesC

Message 10 of 14
Luminary

No its intermittent, but late more often, sometimes the notifications only come through when I open my phone
Message 11 of 14
Aspirant

I'm a little late to this discussion but I have the same issue.  I have Arlo Pro 2 cameras not the Ultras so I don't think it's related to the cameras themselves.

I have a Pixel 3 on Android 9 and I see the notifcations delayed by an average of about 20 minutes.  The app is set to not optimize battery usage (although it was when I first noticed this).  It made no difference either way.

My sister-in-law has the same system but uses iOS and sees instant notfications.  Whatever the issue is, I think it is specific to the Android app\OS.

Message 12 of 14
Guide

I also have this issue on my Samsung Galaxy S8. I got delayed notifications with my Pro2 cameras, and now with my Ultras as well. Often, I won't get the notification until I touch the screen, even though I have turned off all battery optimization settings on my phone for this app. Sometimes I don't get the notifications at all! Arlo app is updated, android is updated, and I have tried every "fix" that I've found online. It's driving me nuts.

Message 13 of 14
Luminary

Yeah exactly like my issues!
Message 14 of 14