Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
brucknerdoc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm attempting to setup a new Arlo Ultra system.

When I first logged in thru the web portal, I was asked to setup 2-factor verification - which I did.

Now, whenever I attempt to log in again, I'm taken to the same 2-step verification page - and if I enter the same cell phone number, I receive a message "Verification method already exists" - and I can proceed no further.

I've tried this on Safari and Chrome for Mac - I've tried deleting cookies/cache - restarting the browser.

How do I get past this to log in?
I can access my account thru the app but I have need to use the browser as well.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @brucknerdoc

Are you still experiencing this issue with logging in? 

brucknerdoc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes -

After I log in, I'm taken to the same "Two-step Verification - Secure your Arlo Account" page - asking me to setup SMS text messaging. If I enter the number I used when I first created my account, I get the message "verification method already exists", and I'm unable to progress any further.

I have tried multiple browsers, deleting cookies/cache, etc.

I can log into my account using the mobile app - it seems to be a web portal problem...

Thanks -

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

TomJones83
Aspirant
Aspirant
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @TomJones83

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue with your TwoFactor Authentication. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

MAHMAH
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you get an answer to this? Just wondering if you could post here if you did.

I am having the same issue and Arlo support is a painful list of stupid repetitive and unhelpful tripe.

Actual help from others experiencing this issue would be awesome.

Regards
dr_ron
Aspirant
Aspirant

I went into my arlo.com online account and there was an option there to enable 2-step verification.  I put in the phone number for the cell phone that my arlo app is on.  There was a slider on the online account to enable the 2-step verification.  Once I did this, the arlo app on my phone started working right away.  I don't need to do the 2-step each time I log in.  I think once it recognizes a device after the first 2-step verification, you don't need to do it again. Hope this helps!

dr_ron
Aspirant
Aspirant

Regarding my other post - I now realize that the other posts were the opposite problem from mine.  I could not get into the app, while you others could not get into the online account. How weird!  Make sure your email address is listed under two-step verification in the app on your phone. Go to settings - profile - login settings - two-step verification and make sure the email address you use for your arlo online login is listed there.

Webfeet
Guide
Guide

I had the same problem.  I solved it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the Arlo app on my Android phone.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation