Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

reconnecting a 3500 base

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SKC22
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed my 3500 base station in order to make room (can only have 2 devices) in my app for a new Pro 4 set.  We ended up returning the Pro4 and I cannot get my original 3500 hub to be found within the Arlo app.  The top two lights on the hub are green - however when I plug in the ethernet to my Netgear router - the ethernet light on the router turns orange.  If I unplud the Arlo ethernet cord - it turns green again (we also have a desk top PC plugged in to the router.  I can't get the hub to be identified whethr I use our desk top PC or my phone app.  Help?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you connect the base to the router port that the PC is currently using?  Maybe use the PC ethernet cable for this test.

SKC22
Aspirant
Aspirant

good suggestion - I have tried all 4 ports.  Each one makes the internet light on the router turn orange - but ONLY with the connection to the Arlo hub 3500.  I unplug that - all lights are green.  And we're having no trouble streaming TV or using the computer.  I can't figure out why the ethernet connection is faulty from hub to router - BEFORE I even try to 'find the device'.  I've also reset the hub - several times.  And unplugged it...connect ethernet before electric cord...etc...  So frustrating...as this was connected and we used the 2 cameras for years.  (same internet vendor)

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SKC22 wrote:

good suggestion - I have tried all 4 ports.  Each one makes the internet light on the router turn orange - but ONLY with the connection to the Arlo hub 3500. 

Just to clarify - are you seeing the orange light on the router, or on the 3500?

The hub uses fast ethernet (100 megabit hardware), and many routers will show an orange led status when fast ethernet is connected.  But the 3500 internet LED should be green.

SKC22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes - the orange light is on the router itself.  The Arlo 3500 hub base has two green lights - the top two.  It just won't 'find the device'.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SKC22 wrote:

Yes - the orange light is on the router itself.  The Arlo 3500 hub base has two green lights - the top two. 

That sounds normal.

@SKC22 wrote:

It just won't 'find the device'.  

How are you syncing?

Have you tried syncing w/o using the app?  Just quickly press the base sync button and then the camera while within 3 ft of the base.

If you see a fast blue led on camera, then that means it worked.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation