"new" Arlo setup to Nest Wifi

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Tent
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all. I inherited an unopened Arlo/Netgear Base Station VMB3000  with 3 Arlo Ultra 2 Wireless Security Camera. I'm trying to set up the system to my Google (not the new Nest) WiFi mesh network, but I can't get the Arlo app to recognize the base station. The power and internet lights are green, and the base station is recognized on my nest wifi app, but the Arlo app doesn't see it? I'm connecting to my main router, and I've reset both the base station and the wifi network. Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tent wrote:

The camera says VMC3030 but that item number isn't allowing me to tag it.

That is the first generation Arlo WireFree camera.  Four CR123 batteries inside, correct?

BTW, they are on the end of life list (scheduled for July).

@Tent wrote:

The power and internet lights are green, and the base station is recognized on my nest wifi app, but the Arlo app doesn't see it?

Try doing a factory reset on the base.

Then adding the base in the app, make sure the phone is connected to your router's wifi.

If that doesn't help, try adding the base from a PC browser (my.arlo.com)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tent wrote:

I inherited an unopened Arlo/Netgear Base Station VMB3000 with 3 Arlo Ultra 2 Wireless Security Cameras.

That combination won't work - the VMB3000 base is not compatible with the Ultra cameras.

Tent
Aspirant
Aspirant

I may have tagged the wrong cameras. The trouble is the base station setup anyways

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tent wrote:

I may have tagged the wrong cameras. The trouble is the base station setup anyways

Let's confirm the camera model.  Try opening the cameras, and removing any batteries inside.  You'll find a label with the model.

You can also try claiming the base using a PC (browse to my.arlo.com).  That often works when the app doesn't.

Another aspect is that your `base (and cameras) will be running ancient firmware.  That could result in issues when the Arlo cloud tries to update them.

Tent
Aspirant
Aspirant

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tent wrote:

That is the first generation Arlo WireFree camera.  Four CR123 batteries inside, correct?

BTW, they are on the end of life list (scheduled for July).

@Tent wrote:

The power and internet lights are green, and the base station is recognized on my nest wifi app, but the Arlo app doesn't see it?

Try doing a factory reset on the base.

Then adding the base in the app, make sure the phone is connected to your router's wifi.

If that doesn't help, try adding the base from a PC browser (my.arlo.com)

Tent
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB The reset did it. I tried a reset previously, but I guess I didn't hold it long enough. It seemed more like 15 seconds, but it reset and I'm now checking for updated firmware via my.arlo from my PC. Thanks! 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation