Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB 5000 - Not receiving Email alerts

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Tiz2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I upgraded my EOL VMB 4000 to VMB 5000 and not do not receive email alerts. I have check to send Email alerts, and even added an additional email address. My provider is Google Fi and is 100% not on their side, as there are no other email alert issues from any other applications I have. It is not going to Spam. It's just not being sent.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HanserT
Guide
Guide

Hi Stephen,

The text I received is in the table at the end of a pdf titled, "ARLO END-OF-LIFE POLICY (APPLIES TO NON-EUROPEAN UNION PRODUCTS AND SERVICES) Effective: January 1, 2023 Revised: February 10, 2023"

It's interesting that the text in your link suggests that the end of email alerts only applies to the listed products (not mine).

Either way, I've had no email alerts since 20th February 2023. App notifications have continued as usual

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Who is your email provider?

Tiz2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I use Gmail on the Google Fi network. It worked fine until I upgraded to the 5000.

HanserT
Guide
Guide

After four years, all my email alerts have stopped. Arlo’s recent End of Life message says that support for email notification was ending at the end of January 2023 The way it is worded, this seems not just for the mentioned products. I have an Ultra-based system.

A strange decision because it makes my previously-excellent three cameras and hub completely useless.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@HanserT wrote:

After four years, all my email alerts have stopped. Arlo’s recent End of Life message says that support for email notification was ending at the end of January 2023 The way it is worded, this seems not just for the mentioned products. I have an Ultra-based system.

A strange decision because it makes my previously-excellent three cameras and hub completely useless.

I am assuming you are talking about the table at the end of the EOL policy?  If not, can you provide some relevant text from the email?

FWIW, This article says something different:

@HanserT wrote:

Arlo’s recent End of Life message says that support for email notification was ending at the end of January 2023 

Of course it is now March.  Are you still getting email notifications?

HanserT
Guide
Guide

Hi Stephen,

The text I received is in the table at the end of a pdf titled, "ARLO END-OF-LIFE POLICY (APPLIES TO NON-EUROPEAN UNION PRODUCTS AND SERVICES) Effective: January 1, 2023 Revised: February 10, 2023"

It's interesting that the text in your link suggests that the end of email alerts only applies to the listed products (not mine).

Either way, I've had no email alerts since 20th February 2023. App notifications have continued as usual

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation