Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

no access to cloud recordings after app upgraded to 3.6.5

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MarkCal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cams connected to smart hub, doorbell connected to home wifi. Everything working fine for months.

Suddenly, today cannot access any  historical cloud recordings. All 3 devices are still showing in subscription plan under Arlo secure plus.

Getting push notifications (eg motion detected) on the mobile app, but there is nothing in the library.

Notice App was upgraded to 3.6.5 yesterday (coincidence?).

Have reset devices, removed and reinstalled devices, reset smart hub and wifi router.

14 REPLIES 14
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Did your Arlo secure plan expire? 

MarkCal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shayne,

No, It was renewed a few months ago and and all 3 devices are still showing in subscription plan under Arlo secure plus.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are the cameras listed under the Active list for Arlo Secure in your settings? Settings > Arlo Secure (Smart Notifications) > Active List.

MarkCal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, all 3 devices are under "active cameras"

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do the recordings appear on the web portal at Myarlo.com?

Do you have activity zones setup for the cameras?

MarkCal
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, no access to cloud storage on the myArlo.com app either.

I have activity zones set up on the cameras.

Interestingly, I did have activity zones set up on the doorbell too, however I cannot see these anymore and the "activity zone" option has disappeared from the device settings menu for the doorbell.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have a screenshot of your plan details under Settings > Account > Subscription?

MarkCal
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_4222.PNG

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

All your devices recordings are not showing in the library correct?

MarkCal
Aspirant
Aspirant

The 2 cameras are recording to the SD card in the Base Station (but not the cloud).

The doorbell is connected to my home wifi so is not recording anywhere. The person handling the support ticket suggested I connect the doorbell to the base station which did nothing. At least with it connected to the wifi I get a push notification of detected movement (I don't get anything with it connected to the base station).

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

I'm WAS getting something similar yesterday using my shared to account where there were no videos in the cloud library. I logged out and back in as the primary account (ie not my shared to account) and they were there. Back to shared to account and they were all missing ie nothing, no videos. No amount of logging in/out or killing the app seemed to fix it. This morning it's all good again. Not sure what was going on there but I blame cloud (old man yells at cloud).

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @pjama

That was an issue we had that was resolved this morning. 

dumdi_san
Aspirant
Aspirant

i got exactly the same situation for a couple of days now - is there any way from the client side to fix this or do i have to wait until someone on the server side does anything? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dumdi_san

You have an Arlo  Secure single camera plan, so only one device at a time will allow for cloud storage/recordings. Do you have the desired camera selected as active under Settings > Subscription > Manage cameras? 

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation