Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Had to restart one of my two base stations.  After doing so, I was unable to reinstall the base station and subsequently lost 8 of 11 cameras.

After numerous resets and attempts to re-add the base station, I tried my wife's iPhone and everything reinstalled easily.  She has iOS 14.8.  I upgraded to iOS 15.0.2.

However, her phone now seems to be the admin for those 8 cameras and I am admin for the remaining 3.  This seems to have messed up how the security subscription covers the cameras also and I fear monthly billing will be a mess.

I tried to straighten things out via the Arlo chat and that was a total disaster.  Not sure how to create a service ticket and I find no way to email support.

Is the Arlo app compatible with iOS 15 yet?

9 REPLIES 9
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey RaylanC,

The Arlo App is compatible with iOS 11 and higher (including iOS 15).

You can contact the support team by navigating to Settings > Support in the Arlo App for service options available to you.

RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Syre wouldn't work for me.  Thanks.

RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Jessica,

How do I reach support via email?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You can contact the support team by navigating to Settings > Support in the Arlo App for service options available to you. To learn more about ways to contact the support team, read here: What is the Support Center in the Arlo App?

RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Finally called support.

My quest here is to return a base station (1 of 2) back to my iPhone account.  Currently, one is under my account and the other my wife's.  I have upgraded my subscription but to cover all 11 cameras, I have to subscribe from each account so I am paying double.

I need to transfer the base station and accompanying cameras from wife's iPhone to mine as things used to be.  Arlo customer support says they can not do that but wanted to reset the base station and reinstall using my iPhone.  However, I did that myself multiple times and it would not work.  The only difference between our phones is the iOS.  I assumed because I have upgraded to iOS 15.1, and installation would no longer work, it was because Arlo app is not yet compatible.  You say otherwise but Customer Support wanted me to do just that, again.  I am confident the result will be the same.  To reset and reinstall, I have to dismount all the cameras from trees and bring them into the base station and that is not fun and very time consuming.

Is there no way to transfer the account internally?  From Arlo's end?

I am afraid if the base station is reset, I will again loose all 8 cameras and I will not be able to reinstall using my iPhone.

Any suggestions?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The normal process is to remove all the camera from base from your wife's account, and then re-add them to yours.  

Have you done that step?  

RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice

I think the only way I can accomplish that is if I log in to my Arlo account on her iPhone, then redo the process.  Still does not account for why the installation will not work on iOS 15.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Your issue might not be due to iOS 15.  If the cameras are still in her account, then they cannot be added to yours.  The system won't allow that (it discourages theft).

I think Support can remove them from her account for you, but I don't think they can re-add them remotely.

RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, when the weather permits, been raining for two days here, I will go through this nightmare again starting with the base station then I will add each camera, one tree at a time.  I just wish I could determine why I could not use my phone for this purpose.  Always worked before.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation