Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

can't connect base station with app

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
deepaksri81
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have moved into a house where Arlo security system is already setup. The previous owner already deleted his account with Arlo. Now I am not able to connect Arlo base station with my account. Arlo base station is connected to internet with solid blue light. 

Any help is appreciated.

Best,

Deepak 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Tell us full details of what you see and what you've tried. You have to claim the hub first and then add the cameras to it. Are you getting error messages? Have you tried resetting the hub by holding the button for >15 seconds until the LED starts flashing amber?

deepaksri81
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried to do factory reset and then on my laptop try to connect again and it shows the base station which it discovered but when I click on add device then it shows unexpected system error occurred.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the base. On your laptop, try clearing the browser cache as well as using a different browser.

deepaksri81
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried it didn't work, base station is connected to internet but I can't associate it with my account. Always get unexpected error.

deepaksri81_0-1672918732059.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I guess it could be a faulty base but I wouldn't expect that error message. You could take the base to a friend's house to see if you can connect it there. If it works, you should be able to simply take it home, plug it in and continue to set tp the system.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation