Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why can't I view my recordings in 4k anymore?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Laurence101
Follower
Follower
When I first unpacked my product I could view recordings stored in my SD card in 4k, when I checked my recordings the next day I can no longer view in 4k but rather in 2k instead. Can someone please help!?
7 REPLIES 7
Crosive
Apprentice
Apprentice

mine were downgraded to 2k for a few hours, and now they are at 1920x1072.  It's always something with this wannabe camera system

Crosive
Apprentice
Apprentice

where to start, sheesh.  This system has given me nothing but trouble since I bought it.  I've changed everything on my end, including locations and isp.  Not only am I now having to deal with the system randomly stop recording on sd card, cloud, and cvr timeline (only a reboot or plug pull will fix it), I canceled my cloud recording, but kept cvr.  now my local recordings are not even in 1080p.  they were in 4k, then for a few hours went down to 2k, now they are all at 1920x1072.

I've chatted with someone on the website, and their only response was to reply to an email with a video from my sdcard.  I can't send that video because I never got an email.  that was almost an hour ago.  I've been on the call in line for 20 minutes and no one has answered the phone at all.

if any of you are still on the fence about arlo, I encourage you to look elsewhere.  This system is not only problematic, but it's, at the least, unreliable.

I don't expect a reply, I don't expect resolution, I expect to have to go with another system from a competing company.

my only regret is not doing enough research on this system before I bought it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Various settings cause this such as auto-zoom and tracking, power management and subscription to CVR. Define what settings you're using and what subscription(s) you have.

Crosive
Apprentice
Apprentice
For some reason someone merged my topic and this gentlemen's topic into the same thread, and I don't know if you're talking to me or him at this point, this the reason for me having made my own thread. Even the forums are about as useless as the camera systems.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Crosive wrote:
For some reason someone merged my topic ...

FWIW, my habit is to quote what I'm replying to, in order to avoid that problem.

CVR is only 1080p, so that might be related to your resolution problem.  As @jguerdat says, Auto Zoom and Track also sets the cameras to 1080p.  

Crosive
Apprentice
Apprentice
My system has been recording to the SD card at 4k for over a year now. I've had a cloud plan and cvr the whole time. I removed the cloud plan and it started recording to the SD card in 2k. Then it dropped to less than 1080p. I made no changes to my settings otherwise.
DAC8
Aspirant
Aspirant

4k video is behind a paywall.  Unless you have an active subscription, your 4k camera is only a 2k camera.  Insane.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation