Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nmjones
Aspirant
Aspirant

I currently have 3 Arlo Ultra cameras and 5 Arlo Pro 2 cameras running on a VMB5000 base station. One of my Ultra cameras and one Pro 2 camera have weak signals and every once in a while will lose connection. To solve the issue I'm considering repositioning my VMB5000 closer to the one Ultra camera but that might put the Pro 2 camera out of range. To solve this I could break out the old VMC4030P base station and put it at a position closer to the Pro 2 camera. Is it possible to connect 2 smart hubs like that. If so, what would be my concerns?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@nmjones wrote:

I'm considering repositioning my VMB5000 closer to the one Ultra camera but that might put the Pro 2 camera out of range. To solve this I could break out the old VMC4030P base station and put it at a position closer to the Pro 2 camera. Is it possible to connect 2 smart hubs like that. If so, what would be my concerns?

Yes, that will work.  You will need to get ethernet to both bases.  Also you'll need to remove the Pro 2 from your account, and then add it back (pairing it with the old base).

FWIW, I have two VMB5000 bases installed on my own home.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation