Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JimmyW
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'd like to view videos in my library on my Windows 10x64 PC, but get a message that downloading is required for viewing.  I can view the downloaded videos on any program that supports Mp4s, but why can't I view them directly from the SD card in my hub from my PC?  I can view library videos on my Android and iOS devices.  Thanks!  

2 REPLIES 2
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Because current browsers aren't capable of viewing them themselves any longer unless the pc has the ability to do so completely with it's hardware capabilities.  The older version of Edge was able to with a codec extension that could be purchased for .99 cents.  Once Edge has been updated to the newer ver, (Edge Chromium) it is no longer supported.  I even tried a 2020 10th gen i7 gaming machine with lots of video power and couldn't.  So my new laptop is the 11th gen i7 which has more video capabilities and it works just fine now.  With my older laptop I installed a android emulator and was able to use my pc just like my phone but it was a 6 year old i5 and though it worked the video was a little choppy sometimes.  A faster pc would have been fine.  Other than a new pc, a android emulator or waiting to see if Microsoft goes ahead with plans to add android to Win 10 (which they said might happen this year) it's download to watch.  I have used mirroring to view my phone on tv but a big screen is overkill.  Unless it's for a football game, I have done that RVing lol.

JimmyW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks very much for the great info!  I'm running a newer MS Surface Book 2, i7 8650U, 1.90GHz, 16Gb RAM.  That should be Gen-8.  I had been using Bluestacks, but it did run a little slowly. I'll re-install it or look for a different one

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation