Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB5000r6 Ultra 2 feed issues

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rhinosswimfast
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I’ve had the system for a couple months now and the free subscription has already expired earlier this year. I’ve had no issues recording to local memory (and viewing from FEED) until only recently. Currently, my previous videos and any new videos that are recorded are not appearing in FEED. I continue to record to local memory and see previous days recordings there, but I need to be on the same Wi-Fi as the hub. If I travel, what is the point?

I’ve tried resetting, readding and other troubleshooting steps, but has not had any effect. 

My question is, did something recently change at Arlo that need me to add a cloud subscription so I can view feeds in FEED? From my research in the Community, it looks like Arlo is forcing people to get a subscription? What am I missing? 
Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to either use port forwarding on your router or a VPN that your router supports so you can use the phone client to connect. Both of those effectively put you on the local network while you're remote. Check out the hub's settings, Storage Settings, Local Storage Settings for info and configuration.

If you use port forwarding, it would also be useful to configure your router's DHCP settings so the hub always gets the same IP address or you may have to reconfigure after any router and/or hub reboots.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

Rhinosswimfast
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the response. 

So I can’t get videos from Feeds again unless I get a subscription? If so, I am confused why I could still access Feeds until only recently, when my subscription ended in April.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That is a good question but might relate to whether all cameras had their trial subs expire at that time. One can only guess.

Basically, Feed is ONLY for cloud recordings, unlike the old UI where you could switch between cloud and local recordings using the menu at the top of Library.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation