Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
philip_rhoades
Guide
Guide

People,

Once I was forced to used an SD Card, viewing recordings has been very unreliable - _most_ of the time I would get a "No recordings" message and nothing would change, _sometimes_, after a few minutes the option to select the cloud or SD Card would display and I could then select the SD Card and view recordings - for the last few weeks I haven't even been able to do that! - the option to select the SD Card _never_ shows up now!  I have updated the Android app to the latest version (3.5.10-_38415) and there is still no difference . . what the hell is going on!?  - this is driving me insane! - I can still do live views but that is hardly sufficient . .

I have seen earlier posts where an upgrade to the app broke video viewing but this problem seemed to just happen out of the blue . .

Any help or info would be appreciated . . 

Phil.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's my understanding that the VMB4500 is not capable of supplying local recording views via the app - I believe that's limited to the 4540 and 5000. It may be that once upon a time the 4500 was included but was unreliable (or whatever) and was removed.

philip_rhoades
Guide
Guide

jguerdat,

OK - looks like I made a mistake with the model - it IS in fact a VMB5000 (I just checked the base of the hub) - how do I change the the subject of the original post?

It definitely worked (unreliably) for some months after I changed to the SD Card - now it doesn't work at all.

I just took the card out - it was at 90% capacity and obviously deleting old files but I deleted October and November files too and now it is at 25% - rebooted - still the videos cannot be viewed on the app . .

Thanks anyway - I am going to ring Arlo Australia on Monday . .

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation