Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Willo2608
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

I have just added to my Arlo setup with the purchase of 4 Arlo Ultra2 cameras and a VMB5000 base station.  All set-up and recording fine to the cloud but I cannot get access to local recordings.  I know they are recording as I have taken the Micro SD card out and checked that the recordings are being made.  

I have enabled Direct Storage Access, Storage status is "Ready" and I am using the App on my phone connected directly to the same WIFI network as the base station.

Base Firmware is: 1.17.0.0_1117_6ba79e5

App version is 3.5.8(2878)

Being run on an Apple iPhone

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is a VPN in use anyplace?

Willo2608
Aspirant
Aspirant

No VPN in use - Phone and Hub are both on the same wifi network

sceniclife
Tutor
Tutor

VMB5000r6

I am experiencing the same thing on iPhone.

This started happening recently with the incident that is reportedly 'resolved': https://status.arlo.com/

On my LOCAL network, my android devices can access local storage just fine. When I check on my iPhone, it cannot connect to download my local storage.

On an external network (cellular), both work fine.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try and copy the recordings to your pc, then reformat the SD card using the Arlo mobile app?

sceniclife
Tutor
Tutor

I am not sure if reformatting the SD card will help if I can access local storage through Android but not Iphone...

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sceniclife wrote:

I am not sure if reformatting the SD card will help if I can access local storage through Android but not Iphone...

I agree that seems unlikely, since you can also access local storage from the iPhone over cellular.  FWIW, local LAN access is working with my own iPhone 12 (running iOS 15.1.1).  

Have you tried restarting both the iPhone and your router?

sceniclife
Tutor
Tutor
Yeah, reset both. Nothing.

Are you vpn or port forwarding?

I am port forwarding. That's likely the issue in iphone code.
Willo2608
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried an Android device and this worked.  I also then tried a different iPhone which also worked.  I then fully deleted the Arlo App from the iphone that wasn't working, re-installed it, said Yes to all of the Access pop-ups and hey-presto I can now access local storage on this iPhone.

Would be interested to know if this works for you also as it doesn't take at all long to test this.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation