Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
3M_TA3
Tutor
Tutor

Hello Arlo friends, I am using my VMB5000 without a subscription and sadly it is not storing videos.  I have a memory card installed correctly....videos are there to review but only when I eject and view file manually 1 at a time on computer.  I cannot see when card is docked in the SmartHub via the software on the computer/phone.  Is ejecting the card and viewing manually on computer the only way to see the stored footage?  This hub is supposed to be "Smart" right?  Is this feature blocked on the VMB5000 without a subscription...If so, then that is really stupid.  Really could use some help to get this working, otherwise this system is worthless!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

@3M_TA3 With the VMB5000 you can view them in the phone App but not on the web page via computer. Are you selecting Hub instead of cloud in the dropdown in the Library? 

Here is a link on set up and use. You don't need a sub for this. There have been post with problems viewing them on Android but works for me in IOS. I just use it for backup with it's limitations. 

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it? (arlo.com)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Giacomena1
Initiate
Initiate

I started having the same problem about a day ago with my Ultra  cameras but my Pro 2s seem to be OK.

This is not as advertised when I purchased the cameras. I have a base station that can record. I should be able to get these recordings. I should not now have to buy a subscription just to see my recordings. 

This is an expensive product & I would not have purchased this product if that were the case. Will NOT recommend ARLO to my friends and neighbours if this is not corrected.

I will have to look elsewhere to buy products with an honest product description.

3M_TA3
Tutor
Tutor

seriously I will be very disappointed if this isn't fixed, surely we aren't the only 2 customers that have noticed this.  I hope Arlo will see our cry for help and fix it.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@3M_TA3 With the VMB5000 you can view them in the phone App but not on the web page via computer. Are you selecting Hub instead of cloud in the dropdown in the Library? 

Here is a link on set up and use. You don't need a sub for this. There have been post with problems viewing them on Android but works for me in IOS. I just use it for backup with it's limitations. 

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it? (arlo.com)

3M_TA3
Tutor
Tutor

your suggestion worked, thanks so much!!!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation