Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Using a 128 gb MicroSD card. Ultra 2 4k cameras

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SteveBro
Aspirant
Aspirant

I pay for cloud storage on one of 2 of my 4k cameras,  only the cloud camera is showing on my SDcard.  

I've got a lot of problems with these cameras too.

The filter of the recordings often show the wrong item.  Vehicles instead of Person, etc.

The light doesn't come on until the item is halfway thru the video, so slow.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SteveBro wrote:

No, I do not receive any notifications.

None from either camera?

@SteveBro wrote:
I did eventually find the files from the other camera.

It'd be good if that were easier.

In any event, it sounds like the issue is one of access, and not storage.  But I haven't seen a case  where you can access files from one camera, but not another on the same base.

Are you touching on "cloud" at the top of the library screen, and then selecting the base station name?  If you don't see "library" at the top, then probably direct access to local storage isn't enabled for the base.  If you see "cloud", but haven't changed the library location to the base, then you are actually only browsing the cloud library.  Then it would make sense that you aren't seeing the camera w/o a subscription.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
SteveBro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nevermind, both cameras are there.  How do I sort them such as Camera 1 and Camera 2?  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SteveBro wrote:

only the cloud camera is showing on my SDcard.  

Have you ejected the card, and checked the files on a PC (which will require a USB adapter if your PC doesn't have a microSD slot)?

Also, are you getting notifications for the camera that does not have a subscription? 

SteveBro
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an adaptor that I use for my MacBook Pro. I did eventually find the files from the other camera. It’s pretty difficult because it’s hard to identify them as camera 1 or camera 2.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SteveBro wrote:

None from either camera?

@SteveBro wrote:
I did eventually find the files from the other camera.

It'd be good if that were easier.

In any event, it sounds like the issue is one of access, and not storage.  But I haven't seen a case  where you can access files from one camera, but not another on the same base.

Are you touching on "cloud" at the top of the library screen, and then selecting the base station name?  If you don't see "library" at the top, then probably direct access to local storage isn't enabled for the base.  If you see "cloud", but haven't changed the library location to the base, then you are actually only browsing the cloud library.  Then it would make sense that you aren't seeing the camera w/o a subscription.

SteveBro
Aspirant
Aspirant
No not one. I go to the site occasionally to see what’s there
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SteveBro wrote:
No not one. I go to the site occasionally to see what’s there

Do you mean my.arlo.com?  Or are you using the app?

SteveBro
Aspirant
Aspirant

I use the app on my cellphone and iPad and I sometimes look at MyArlo.com on my computer, but usually I just look on my phone via their app.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SteveBro wrote:

I use the app on my cellphone and iPad and I sometimes look at MyArlo.com on my computer, but usually I just look on my phone via their app.

And when you look at the library on the phone, are you selecting the base station storage as I described above?  Or does the library page just say "Library" or "Cloud"?

SteveBro
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had been using Library. But thx to you, I now see I can select cloud!

Thanks!

So, my next 2 questions. Why does it take approximately 5 seconds for the light to come on after the video starts? It’s pretty much useless by then, the object has passed.

And, I see in the library if I filter Persons, many times it shows vehicles. Even if I select Other Motion, I get mostly vehicles. Is there a way to fix this?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SteveBro wrote:
I had been using Library. But thx to you, I now see I can select cloud!

Good.  Are you also seeing the base station?  That's what you need to choose in order to see the videos on the microSD card.  

If you aren't seeing that option, then look in the base station's storage settings, and make sure direct access is enabled.

@SteveBro wrote:
Why does it take approximately 5 seconds for the light to come on after the video starts? It’s pretty much useless by then, the object has passed.

Are you talking about videos taken at night?  There is a lag, but in my experience it is more like 2-3 seconds than 5.  Personally it doesn't get in my way (as it takes more time than that for people to move through the field of view).  I don't think there's any way to speed it up. One option is to use a floodlight to light the area at night, then the camera's spotlight wouldn't be needed.  Another option is to turn off the spotlight, and just use Nightvision (IR) after dark.

@SteveBro wrote:

And, I see in the library if I filter Persons, many times it shows vehicles. Even if I select Other Motion, I get mostly vehicles. Is there a way to fix this?

The classification does make mistakes.  Sometimes there is something in the field of view that the algorithm thinks is a person.

Activity zones can help (by excluding the street).  Though they do require a subscription.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation