Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dit0311
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a home (I’m away for 2 months) with 2x Arlo hubs with Ultra2 cameras (8 of them), and then 2x Pro4 on WiFi. The app upgraded, and now I can see as widgets:

the two Pro4

the two hubs 

I can’t see the Ultra2 cameras connected to the hubs, and it seems that when I do Arm Away or Standby, only the two Pro4 respond. 

When I click into each hub, I can see the cameras originally registered to each hub, but I cannot edit them and cannot access them. 

is there any way I can get access to them save short of flying back early just to reset and add them back? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dit0311
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the continued helpful advice!

In the end, this has been resolved, but in the hard way. I gave my login credentials to a trusted friend who is holding a duplicate key. He drove all the way over and spent 2 hours going through everything, resetting the two SmartHubs and adding them back into the app, then reset all the Ultras and added them back one by one, and finally re-adjusted camera positions because he had to pop the cameras out to reset.

All in all, I still do not know why the Ultras did not show up, but they do now!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In the Dashboard you can add widgets for the other devices if you wish. Use the "+" at the top right to do so. Otherwise use Devices to see your cameras and hubs.

Have you checked your modes and rules to verify that the current mode has appropriate settings for all cameras?

Have you tried rebooting your hubs remotely? Use the hub's settings, click on the top selection with the hub's name and choose the Reboot selection. Otherwise, a neighbor or friend with access may be needed to help.

Dit0311
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! 

Unfortunately, I cannot add widgets. When I go to the Dashboard, I see the two Pro4 cameras displayed as widgets. But when I go "+", Add Widget is greyed out. I could "Add Device" but that means adding the cameras all over again, and I am not there.

For the two SmartHubs, I could click into them to Restart (or remove). I did try restarting them but same result. I could not see (or add widget) for the paired Ultra2.

If I go into "Routines", go into "Arm Away", I see all my devices (even those paired with the SmartHubs), and they appear to be capable of being armed (as they are armed from when I left the house). But if I go into "Standby", the "Device Rules" section is empty. When I then click into "Add Device Rules", I can only see the two Pro4 and not the Ultra2 paired with the SmartHubs.

Does it mean I can still put the Ultra2 on Standby, or they are armed however I try?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dit0311 wrote:

But if I go into "Standby", the "Device Rules" section is empty.

This is normal, since by default "Standby" disarms all cameras. 

With all modes, any camera without a rule is disarmed when that rule is activated.

@Dit0311 wrote:

When I then click into "Add Device Rules", I can only see the two Pro4 and not the Ultra2 paired with the SmartHubs.

This is not normal, you should see all cameras in the account.

Are you seeing the two hubs on the "Devices" page???

Is it possible that the Ultras were installed to a different account, and then shared with the account you are using?

Dit0311
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! That is a relief to know that when I go "Standby", all cameras are disarmed.

For the Devices page, yes, I am seeing a total of 4. The two Pro4, and the two SmartHubs. When I click into each SmartHub, I see a list of cameras to which the SmartHub is paired to as "Paired Devices". But I could not click further into each device / camera. 

I am the main subscriber to the Arlo account and I set up the cameras (Ultras and Pros). So not sure why I could not see the Ultras under Dashboard

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dit0311 wrote:

For the Devices page, yes, I am seeing a total of 4. The two Pro4, and the two SmartHubs. When I click into each SmartHub, I see a list of cameras to which the SmartHub is paired to as "Paired Devices". But I could not click further into each device / camera. 

What you should be seeing on the main devices page is 

• the two smarthubs
  • all 10 cameras

Selecting a smarthub should show you that list of cameras.  It is just a list, not a menu.  So you shouldn't be able to click further.

As far as widgets go, there are no widgets for the smarthubs - just the cameras.  I think you aren't able to add more widgets because the system is confused and doesn't think there are any Ultra cameras in the account.  

Not sure, but I don't think there is anything you can do about the problem while you are away from home.  @BrookeN , @ShayneS , @JamesC - any thought on next steps?

Dit0311
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the continued helpful advice!

In the end, this has been resolved, but in the hard way. I gave my login credentials to a trusted friend who is holding a duplicate key. He drove all the way over and spent 2 hours going through everything, resetting the two SmartHubs and adding them back into the app, then reset all the Ultras and added them back one by one, and finally re-adjusted camera positions because he had to pop the cameras out to reset.

All in all, I still do not know why the Ultras did not show up, but they do now!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation