Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Chooka
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi i have 4 Pro 2 cameras  running with VMB 4000 base station on a free subscription.

I have just purchased 2 Ultra 2 spotlight cameras along with the VMB 5000 base station

Do i just unplug the old base station and then run all cameras of the new base station ? I understand to run all 6 cameras off 1 base station i will need to have a paid subscription plan.

I have also purchased the outdoor charging cables to use on the new cameras, so does the battery stay in the camera or do i remove them. If the power goes out i lose the base station anyway as i don't run a UPS

I understand that when the free trial ends that came with my new cameras that i will need to get a paid subscription to use all the cameras, what i am having trouble with is working out what is the best way to go about this ?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You would remove all devices from Settings, My Devices so you can start fresh with the new hub. Be sure to note settings, modes, rules, etc. before doing this to speed the new setup.

The batteries can stay in the cameras with no issue although without a UPS for your modem, router and hub that rather negates the use of batteries. A $75-100-ish UPS would keep everything working, including your home network/WiFi.

As for the plan needed, I believe you'll find that you'll need the Premier or Elite 5 camera plan to start with, even with the trial subscriptions since you'll be over the 5 camera limit on one account. I'd try it out first to see what happens but be ready to subscribe.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You would remove all devices from Settings, My Devices so you can start fresh with the new hub. Be sure to note settings, modes, rules, etc. before doing this to speed the new setup.

The batteries can stay in the cameras with no issue although without a UPS for your modem, router and hub that rather negates the use of batteries. A $75-100-ish UPS would keep everything working, including your home network/WiFi.

As for the plan needed, I believe you'll find that you'll need the Premier or Elite 5 camera plan to start with, even with the trial subscriptions since you'll be over the 5 camera limit on one account. I'd try it out first to see what happens but be ready to subscribe.

Chooka
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi thanks for replying that makes more sense now.

I have just 1 more question. If i get the premier plan for the ultra 2 cameras and it only rerecords in 2k does this mean that live viewing and any local  recording to the SD card is also restricted to 2k ?

If so this would  mean i have 4k capable cameras that are not being used to its fullest potential. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I believe that to be the case.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation