Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BTS-GC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just installed a couple of the Ultra 2 Cams for testing and, overall, they're a great product.  The only problem that I've really discovered that I don't like is that when you go to the Camera Settings, you cannot truly Mute the Microphone.  Audio can still be heard in the Live Feed as well as the Recordings.  I contacted Support and they told me to post the issue here, I guess, basically to see if it was a problem worth fixing.  From what Support tells me, the Microphone and Speaker Muting only affects the 2-Way conversation.  It seems reasonable to me that if you Mute the Microphone and Speaker, all audio should be off.  I've seen some posts from 2019 that raised the same issue.  I understand from the previous posts that in some locations, it is unlawful to record inside audio so I would think that the issue would have been resolved.  I've got the most updated firmware(1.070.50.6_231_6e7e184) on the Cams.  What will it take to fix this issue?  Thanks to all!

10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BTS-GC,

When navigating to settings > audio settings > microphone/speaker toggles you should be able to toggle off both microphone and speaker to achieve the desired results. When these are toggled off, you should not hear audio on live stream or recordings.

JamesC

BTS-GC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, JamesC.  That's what I thought too.  I have the Reduce Wind Noise, Microphone & Speaker toggles turned off in the Audio Settings for each camera, however, I still get audio through the Live Feed and Recordings...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BTS-GC,

I've tested this and did not experience any issues toggling off the microphone and audio. No audio was on the recordings or live stream. Are you using the mobile app (iOS or Android) or web client to adjust these settings? Have you tried adjusting from a different device?

JamesC

BTS-GC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, JamesC.  I was using the Android OS to make the changes when I initially installed the cameras.  From a Windows-based web client, I tried toggling on then went back to the device screen then returned to Audio Settings and changed back to off. It didn't make a difference; I could still hear the audio through both cams.  From what support was saying, it is normal  to hear audio from the Live Feed and Recordings and those toggles only affected 2-Way Voice...  I think that Microphone (& Speaker) Off should mean "OFF".  I don't know why it would work on yours but not on these.  I read some earlier posts from 2019 that were having the same issue.  Thanks again.

BTS-GC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think that I may have figured it out...

Whenever I change the settings via the app or Web Client(Google Chrome), nothing happens. When I tried changing the settings via a Web Client(Internet Explorer Tab for Google Chrome), it seems that the Sound Muted.  Go figure.

BTS-GC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Even though I have figured out a workaround, the App(Android) still doesn't work, at least in my case.  I don't know if microphone/audio control works on other platforms.  Likewise, in my case, the microphone/audio control doesn't work in Google Chrome.  I don't know if there are additional commands that don't work but I'll figure that out in time.  Is anyone else seeing these issues?  Thanks.

BTS-GC
Aspirant
Aspirant
Scratch that...I can still hear the wind. Still not muting microphone.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey BTS-GC,

If you still have problems, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

BTS-GC
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, Jessica. I, first, contacted Tech Support and they told me that the microphone and speaker "switches" were only related to the two-way conversation feature. They said that you couldn't turn off the microphone & speaker and you'd always be able to hear audio during Live View and Recorded Video. They told me to post in the community, I believe, to see if it was a popular problem that needed to be addressed. I think that it is. Am I the only one
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message in regards to your contact with the support team.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation