Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra2 Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
neverworksarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cannot find the new base station (VMB5000) that came with my Ultra2s. Tried with two phones and apps. Tried with pc browser. I'm an IT professional. This shouldn't be this hard. I've tried factory resetting my router. I've went into my router and tried multiple different settings. I only have 2.4 running currently. Base station shows internet connection is good and it is putting out a signal. Have tried factory resetting base station. Arlo customer service is not helpful. I just had this same issue with Pro4 cameras. I thought the base station and Ultras would solve my problem so I returned the Pro4s. Now I'll be returning the Ultra2s unless one of you has some super secret trick to try that Arlo doesn't tell its customers?

7 REPLIES 7
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The most typical road block is the app needs to have access to the local network to detect the Base station.

Use the pc connected via Ethernet cable to the local router the base is plugged into.

Use the pc web browser to the my.arlo.com site to login and add devices. 

neverworksarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried all that. Repeatedly.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could just be a faulty hub. In that case, swap at the store. However, when you reset did you hold the button long enough to cause the LED to start flashing amber? Any chance you're using a VPN?

neverworksarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

VPN is turned off. Yes held reset until Amber flashing

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap at the store.

neverworksarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's not likely a faulty hub considering I had this same issue with the direct connect attempts of the pro4s and essentials. It's some incompatibility with my router. But there is nothing obvious function my router is doing that is doing this

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What router is it?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation