Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 with 5000 base strength?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

I have noticed that when replacing an old Arlo pro system with this new setup my two closet cameras are on 2 signal bars instead of 3. I have yet to pair the ones at a further distance as I’m waiting on them to be shipped.

is the range lower, is the base a hunting system that will try to adjust to an open band to allow better communication? (The old base is powered off and put away)

where exactly is the antenna on this new 5000 base? If it’s in the very tip top instead of around the sides I may be blocking it, due to its size it doesn’t have any clearance in the spot above its head where the old base in the same spot had an inch or more before it hit the top

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I do recall earlier posts that the VMB5000 has less sensitivity than the 4000 models, this could be more a indicator issue rather than a actual performance issue.

I know the antenna in the 4000 Base is at the top part of the unit, if the 5000 is the same then any obstruction close to the antenna near field will result in antenna impedance changing and so reduce power delivery to the antenna.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I do recall earlier posts that the VMB5000 has less sensitivity than the 4000 models, this could be more a indicator issue rather than a actual performance issue.

I know the antenna in the 4000 Base is at the top part of the unit, if the 5000 is the same then any obstruction close to the antenna near field will result in antenna impedance changing and so reduce power delivery to the antenna.

AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

@DannyBearAgain 

Thanks, I moved it up a foot and put it on top of the speaker instead of in the cubby below it and it’s back up to 3 bars. I bet the antenna ends are right up there on the top. Looked better in the cubby but it was kinda to close to the Orbi there too

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation