Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 range

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
suniokera
Follower
Follower

Is it me or do the ultra 2 cameras have poor range? I though they were supposed to be better. The signal looks good then you try live view and they drop off. I have one of my pro 2 cameras connected to the same hub, further away than my 4 ultra-2’s and it had full signal and works fine. I also have a pro 4 across my property and it works fine??

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@suniokera wrote:

Is it me or do the ultra 2 cameras have poor range? I though they were supposed to be better. The signal looks good then you try live view and they drop off. I have one of my pro 2 cameras connected to the same hub, further away than my 4 ultra-2’s and it had full signal and works fine. I also have a pro 4 across my property and it works fine??

The range does go down as the resolution increases, because the cameras need more bandwidth.

The Ultra needs about 3 mbps of wifi throughput. The Pro 4 needs 2 mbps and the Pro 2 needs 1 mbps.

If the base is near your router, you can get some idea of the throughput using your phone at the camera locations.  Turn off mobile data, and measure the upload speed using the free Ookla app (Speedtest.net).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation