Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 poor range

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DJRWFF
Follower
Follower
Ultra 2 cameras: 1) if you have lots of Wi_Fi connections and several close neighbors with Wi_Fi, do not get the #ultra 2 cams. They are junk because they have to connect to a base/smart hub that does not reach very far at all. Had 6 cam setup and only one works consistently. The others will lose connection and drains the batteries. You will waist hours on the phone with tech support to get nowhere. Arlo will tell you to move hub or add a hub or change frequencies. Let me save you time and money. DO NOT BUY THIS JUNK!!!!! I have replaced a couple with #pro 5 currently and these seem to be working because they connect straight to Wi_Fi.
1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @DJRWFF 

Thanks for the feedback. If you would like to troubleshoot this more I would be happy to assist. 

"Try to place your Arlo cameras 10 feet (3 meters) away from the Arlo SmartHub or Arlo Base Station, and allow at least 6½ feet (2 meters) between cameras.

• The following materials can reduce Wi-Fi signal strength if they are located between Arlo SmartHubs, Arlo Base Stations, and Arlo cameras:
    • Unusually thick walls and ceilings
    • Brick
    • Concrete
    • Stone
    • Ceramic
    • Glass (especially mirrors)
    • Metal
    • Large quantities of water, such as the water in a fish tank or water heater"

https://kb.arlo.com/5568/How-to-extend-the-Wi-Fi-range-of-an-Arlo-camera-if-it-is-out-of-range-or-ha...

Shayne

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation