Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 on balcony battery only lasts two weeks. Does audio impact battery?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Tom2021
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ultra 2 on our balcony only lasts two weeks.

There is a walkway out the front of our house, so there is alot of movement. I have rescued the activity area right down, but does the camera still see all this activity and that's why the battery is not lasting?

I guess audio could be an issue also? We don't have the camera on during the day unless we go, only at night but it's still only getting two weeks.

The other cameras are fine, and battery life is as expected.

3 REPLIES 3
John26922
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great..

pwaggs
Apprentice
Apprentice

The largest factor to battery life in these units seems to be connectivity issues. If you have the ability to, I would try swapping the camera out with one of the ones that you think has normal battery life. If the battery life of the new camera goes down, continue trouble shooting. But if it is good, then you have a battery issue and can contact Arlo.

If you have to try additional trouble shooting I would first look at connectivity. Distance from the SmartHub and any interference. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Agreed but I'd also suspect the amount of detection going on. I believe that zones are processed at the servers, not locally, so a recording would have to be made first and then discarded. I'm not 100% sure of this and could be wrong.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation