Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 not recording as much as it should

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kaveman
Tutor
Tutor

I just bought 3 Ultra 2 cameras and 3 solar panels to go with them. All 3 are only set for 8 hours a day and I only get like 15-20 camera trips a night. Now my problem is 1 camera ALWAYS shows 100% battery. The other 2 shows that the battery is charging but the solar panel is draining the battery not charging. A couple times now the battery is showing charging in the middle of the night. Now im not a rocket scientist but I know solar panels do not charge in the middle of the night with no light. I take the batteries out and replace them with fully charged batteries( I have extra batteries) and everything works for a day maybe 2 but goes back to showing charging but the battery percentage keeps getting drained by the solar panels.  WHY WHY WHY

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could be either the panels are faulty, causing the drain, or the connection to the hub is suspect, with strenght and/or quality being the issue. The more the camera has to struggle to maintain a connection, the more battery is consumed, leading to the battery drain since the panels are only trickle chargers. 

Try swapping cameras around to see if it's the location or hardware. You can also try moving the hub closer to all cameras to improve the signal.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation