Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
IgorKa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a pack of 4 Ultra 2 cameras and one of them is not detecting motion. Not even the motion detection test works (no amber light). The other 3 cameras work fine. I tried everything: removing the battery, factory reset, base station reset, purchasing "Secure Plus" plan. Nothing works.

So I tried to contact support:
1. The "give us a call" section is missing a phone number for EU: 

IgorKa_0-1701945733365.png

2. The live chat section has no way of starting a chat

IgorKa_1-1701945758233.png

3. So I opened a support case. The system acknowledged the ticket and was supposed to send me an email with the confirmation. No email arrived. Seven days later still no one from Arlo contacted me and there is no other way for me to contact Arlo. Not very reassuring for a security company ☹️

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using my.arlo.com?  Or accessing support via the app?

IgorKa
Aspirant
Aspirant

The support section in the mobile app is just 2 links:

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 14.18.04.jpeg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A few questions:

1) Which app - iOS or Android?

2) Does your app show Library (old UI) at the bottom or Feed (new UI)?

3) In Settings Subscription (old UI) or Settings, Home, Subscription, do you see the cameras have a subscription?

IgorKa
Aspirant
Aspirant

1) iOS

2) Feed

3) In Settings -> Location and Plans I see all devices under "Arlo Secure Plus" plan. However Devices -> Camera -> Settings still shows "Secure Trial Active", which is another confusing thing. Yes, the trial didn't expire, but I bought the secure plan.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The trial subscription overrides any purchased plan so it will be added to your paid sub when the trial expires.

I would start by checking the active mode for a rule for that camera. Only Armed Away gets a rule automatically added so start there and compare to other modes.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062777/About-Arlo-Routines-Modes-Rules-and-Automations

If the rule is there and properly set up for recording, consider resetting the camera:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

Test detection yourself by walking across the FOV within ~25 feet (the max distance for detection of people).

Failing all that, you can either swap at the store or use the app to click on Settings, Support Center, choose your camera and scroll down to Contacts to talk to official support.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation