Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 image distortion

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jeebs
Follower
Follower
Ultra 2 appears to have a shutter door distorted image on screen & rarely connects at live view mode
CA9E96B9-B216-4461-A4EE-D0E7086DA632.png
3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jeebs wrote:
Ultra 2 appears to have a shutter door distorted image on screen & rarely connects at live view mode

You could try resetting the camera: https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera  If that doesn't help the distorted image, then I suggest contacting support using the support options in the app (or exchange with the seller if you are still in the return window).

You could also test connectivity by bringing camera closer to the base.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jeebs,

Image distortion and connectivity issues likely indicate poor signal strength or WiFi interference. Testing the camera in a different location as suggested above is a good first step in understanding if the issue is due to the cameras current location.

JamesC

arlouser121119
Star
Star

It's common issue with arlo along with infamous 5 seconds delay. They have fairly weak connections. I have 10 ultra 2 cameras and every single one of them will have distorted image at some point espcially when it is recording a lot of movement. They are on 2Gbps internet bandwidth and the cameras are connected to the hub within 15 feet away with no metal or concrete in between that causes interferences.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation