Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 giving false vehicle alerts

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Btrotta
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two cameras pointed at my driveway. 

Ever since the warm weather started I have been getting constant false alerts that there is a new vehicle in my driveway. However the only vehicles there are my truck and my motorcycle and they haven't moved all day. Today alone, I have over 400 vehicle alerts for my driveway. The green boxes tell me the camera is alerting to my truck and my bike every time.

I don't want to have to turn the alerts off as that's the whole reason for buying the cameras - to be alerted when there's something, or someone in the driveway. But I can't stand to have my phone blowing up all day and all night.

Short of smashing the cameras, (and I've considered that) how do I get this to stop?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru
Btrotta
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've tried that without any improvement.

It doesn't make sense. These are objects that are not moving. They're just sitting there for hours, yet I'm getting vehicle alerts twice a minute or more during that whole time.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Btrotta wrote:

I've tried that without any improvement.

How far down did you go?

@Btrotta wrote:

It doesn't make sense. These are objects that are not moving. They're just sitting there for hours, yet I'm getting vehicle alerts twice a minute or more during that whole time.

If they are hot, then the thermals could be triggering the passive infrared (PIR) sensors.  Wind or moving shadows could also do the initial trigger.   Either way, the cloud will detect the vehicles in the video.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation