Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo geofencing issue

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mad90
Aspirant
Aspirant
For some reason Geo fencing isn’t working properly for me, whenever I’m in the Geo fence area it keeps on going in and out of home and away mode every few minutes. It started about a week ago, I have tried to restart the smart hub, I’ve also tried removing the cameras and re-add the cameras at the SmartHub and I’ve also tried removing the base station and resetting it completely without the cameras as well and I’m still having issues with the home base station constantly giving me in and out notifications for Geo fencing when I’m inside the geo-fence zone
1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mad90 wrote:
For some reason Geo fencing isn’t working properly for me, whenever I’m in the Geo fence area it keeps on going in and out of home and away mode every few minutes. It started about a week ago, I have tried to restart the smart hub, I’ve also tried removing the cameras and re-add the cameras at the SmartHub and I’ve also tried removing the base station and resetting it completely without the cameras as well and I’m still having issues with the home base station constantly giving me in and out notifications for Geo fencing when I’m inside the geo-fence zone

FWIW, geofencing is triggered from the app running on your phone - not the base or cameras.  So resetting the base+cameras won't make any difference.

Based on your symptoms, I am thinking you need to increase the size of the geofencing radius.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation