Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 armed continually overnight

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
TMW80
Follower
Follower

Does anyone know if Arlo is going to fix mode scheduling so that you can be armed continually overnight? If reading right one needs to create 2 mode schedules for each day, the prior night until 11:59pm (shuts down at that time) and then another to start again at midnight the next day. Basically anyone using Arlo and Mode schedule will have to have cameras down from 11:59pm to midnight. Talk about a flaw in my book given a burglary takes 8 to 10min in which cameras will be down for >10% of the time. Makes no sense to me. If anyone knows otherwise please let me know.

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TMW80 wrote:
Does anyone know if Arlo is going to fix mode scheduling so that you can be armed continually overnight? If reading right one needs to create 2 mode schedules for each day, the prior night until 11:59pm (shuts down at that time) and then another to start again at midnight the next day. Basically anyone using Arlo and Mode schedule will have to have cameras down from 11:59pm to midnight. 

My understanding is the schedule ends at the end of the last minute, not the beginning.  So there would be no gap.

It'd be good to have @JamesC or @ShayneS confirm this.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

StephenB,

This is correct. When Arming through 11:59 the camera will not change arming states until 12:00. If you have a schedule to Arm starting at 12:00 as well, there would be no gap in the Armed state of the camera(s).

JamesC

jrgarlick
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

So far, I really like the Arlo system. Last month, I got a Doorbell, and this week I got 3 Essential cameras. However, there does seem to be a gap between days. On all my cameras, I have this schedule: Armed 12am-7am, and 9pm-11:59pm every day. Last night, I was watching the Modes screen on the mobile app. When the clock ticked from 11:58 to 11:59, all my cameras Disarmed. Then at 12:00, they all Armed again. I have screen captures of this happening, but I can't find a way to attach them.

I would re-confirm that this isn't a gap. I would invert how we define schedules, or perhaps allow for selecting a 'Default' Arm/Disarm state. The camera could default to be Armed, and then schedule times during the day of Disarmed (say in my case from 7am to 9pm).

Thanks,

Jim

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jrgarlick wrote:

I have screen captures of this happening, but I can't find a way to attach them.

You can attach jpg and png.  If the file extension is jpeg, then you need to change it to jpg.

The paper clip underneath the posting text box will let you attach one file per post.  The photo tool in the toolbar above the text box will let you embed multiple images in the post.  However, these won't show up in the post right away - all embedded images need to be reviewed/approved by a mod, and that can take some hours.

Dannybear
Master
Master
When using the schedule mode over night time you are required to split the mode at midnight, ending 1159pm and start again at 0000am.
This leaves a one minute period where the cameras are disabled for schedule mode users.

Is arlo aware?

Does arlo intend to fix it?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This topic has been escalated and the development team is investigating these reports. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation