Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Anonemouse70
Tutor
Tutor

I have seen similar posts to this with the app now showing correct charge status and the online pages do. Also seen some floodlight camera postings with a similar issue. 

The issue with my cameras is that once the solar panel has charged the battery to 100% the level never changes. If I leave the solar panel disconnected for a few days then reconnect the battery will show a lower state of charge. But as soon as the battery gets up to 100% it never falls again. The first time this was an issue was when the batteries were indicating 100% when connected to the solar panels but were at zero charge as soon as the panels were disconnected.

This is on 2 different  ultra 2 cameras with 2 different solar panels. Both cameras have been reset as has the base station and the issue has not resolved.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Anonemouse70,

Are the battery levels showing the same in both the mobile app and the web client?

JamesC

Anonemouse70
Tutor
Tutor

Yes same battery level indicated in app and online.

100% charge shown until panel disconnected then actual level shown. Once panel is reconnected it can take a day or two for the level to reach 100% again but once it does battery level never falls and battery never charges (as it thinks it's at 100%).

Robert1221
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you ever find an answer?

Same exact problem. Show 100% until I unplug solar panel then shows real percentage. 

Changed solar panel and still same problem so it’s not the solar panel. Maybe. I have Wasserstein solar panels. What kind of solar panels do you have?

Same solar panels on Arlo Pro 4 and Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight work great. 

Anonemouse70
Tutor
Tutor

No never had an answer. Most fixes to any issue seem to involve complete system resets of cameras and base stations (which have not worked). So the only solution to date is disconnect the solar panel once every few months for about 10 minutes until you get the actual battery level showing then you can reconnect, but as soon as the battery reaches 100% you are back to the same problem. I am using the Arlo solar panels so all OEM kit.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation