Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 & Doorbell Bundle. Battery life should be measured in days, audio is subpar, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Cendrow4
Follower
Follower

Like the wireless feature and daytime video quality
Purchasing directly from Arlo site was best deal for me: Ultra 2 system (2 cameras + base) and wired doorbell deal.
Dislikes are many:
-if wireless camera is in a high traffic area, battery life should be measured in days; at most a couple weeks.
-audio quality is subpar at best; two out of my 3 Arlo cameras had high levels of electronic clicking/whirring noise independent of distance from wifi router/hub or internet speed.
-Night vision and motion sensing became defective for 1 Ultra 2 camera after 1 month of use.
-wired doorbell stopped functioning after 1 month of use
-troubleshooting was extensive in order to justify return and replacement of both defective products; be sure to budget several hours of time and have a digital voltmeter as additional costs in mind when making decision on Arlo products.
-returning of defective products is on you, so be sure to budget the cost of at least ground UPS or FedEx, since at least in my case 2 out of 4 Arlo products were defective after 1 month and had to be returned separately, ~$35 total before I could get replacements shipped to me.
-when Arlo cameras or base hub go offline, there is no push notification letting one know and there is no history provided on when or how long they were offline; one has to be in the Arlo app and click on the live feed option in order to discover camera or hub status.
-Almost all troubleshooting revolves around distance from wifi router, distance of cameras from base hub, and internet speed; be prepared to document and troubleshoot on these areas regardless of how obvious it is that the product is defective. In my case for wired doorbell, voltage and voltage stability had to be documented, which required a voltmeter.
-Arlo Returns department sent the wrong models as replacements for the defective Ultra 2 camera and wired doorbell; when dealing with Arlo support, confirm with them and have documented in the case file the model and serial number and color.

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation