Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mikeinid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ultra 2XL documentation that matches the App for Iphone as well as the system. Nothing matches! I am frustrated.

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mikeinid wrote:

Ultra 2XL documentation that matches the App for Iphone as well as the system. Nothing matches! I am frustrated.

Do you see "Feed" as a control at the bottom of the app?  Or do you see "Library"?

Arlo is in the process of migrating everyone to the new "Feed" user interface - which is complicating tracking down the relevant knowledge base articles.  Still, you can search in google with either "library" site:kb.arlo.com or "feed" site:kb.arlo.com.

Mikeinid
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see the feed at the bottom of the App. I can not find a manual for this product as of this time and Arlo's support has been LESS than helpful. I would like the proper manual that matches the product (Arlo Ultra 2 XL) and the App. I don't think this is a big ask for a company to supply. Thanks in advance for any help.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mikeinid wrote:

I see the feed at the bottom of the App. I can not find a manual for this product as of this time and Arlo's support has been LESS than helpful. I would like the proper manual that matches the product (Arlo Ultra 2 XL) and the App. I don't think this is a big ask for a company to supply. 

I don't work for Arlo, and have no idea on when/if they will update the manual.

If you have questions on how things work, please do post them, and other users (and sometimes Arlo employees) will respond.

Mikeinid
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the response! Obviously, I bought a product from the wrong company. Even the customer support rep I chatted with would NOT acknowledge the documents don't exist. I wasted my time when a simple answer from them would have been great. I can't believe a company would put a product out and not provide supporting documentation. 

Thanks again!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mikeinid wrote:
 Even the customer support rep I chatted with would NOT acknowledge the documents don't exist.

The manual exists, but it describes the original "Library" experience.  The new "Feed" experience is just being rolled out - starting a couple of weeks ago.  There are a lot of knowledge base articles out there describing how "Feed" works, but frankly it is a bit of a mess at the moment, since the "Library" articles are also still on-line.

After "Feed" gets rolled out to everyone, things will be easier - they can retire the older "Library" articles, and hopefully roll out updated manuals.  

Mikeinid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Stephen,

Thanks for the information. Arlo needs to do a better job with their product support. At this time all they have done is piss people off! What a stupid way to run a business. whoever made these decisions at Arlo needs to be fired, however, they probably got promoted. I have gotten to the point that I absolutely HATE Arlo and I have only worked with them for a few days!

Mikeinid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still waiting on an answer from @Arlo! I just can't comprehend how ANY company puts a product out and does not support it. Where is the documentation for the Ultra 2XL? And I don't mean all of the piecemeal crap you have to search for. This company has to be headed for bankruptcy or working really hard at it! 

ALL I WANT IS A COMPLETE MANUAL FOR THE SYSTEM I BOUGHT.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mikeinid,

The Arlo UI is going through an overhaul, so much of the information that's out there today may be a little different than what you see in your app if you're a brand new customer.

While the manuals will take some time to be updated to reflect these new changes, many of the knowledge base articles have been updated to reflect the new UI.

For example, to change the field of view, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/000055577/What-is-my-Arlo-camera-s-field-of-view-and-how-do-I-change-it

The new UI will have instructions that use the "Feed" experience rather than "library" when reading these articles.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation