Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 - Range

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Ewiok
Aspirant
Aspirant

In the promotion material for Ultra 2 is longer range because it also use the 2,4 GHz (The main selling point for Ultra 2 cameras because the range of Ultra cameras is much shorter in reality then Arlo said). I asked Arlo support about these Ultra 2 cameras and wondered when they will become available in Europe. They didnt know but what they said that in the EU the cameras will NOT get the extended range.

Is the 2,4 GHz disabled in Europe on the EU model of VMB5000 base station Smart Hub?

Or is it a hardware issue?

Can the user enable the longer range? Flash it with other firmware?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ewiok,

For more information on the differences between Arlo Ultra and Arlo Ultra 2, take a look here: What is the difference between the Arlo Ultra 2 and Arlo Ultra cameras?

I do not have any information for EU availability at this time. Keep an eye on https://www.arlo.com/eu/ for Arlo Ultra 2 announces on features and availability.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ewiok,

For more information on the differences between Arlo Ultra and Arlo Ultra 2, take a look here: What is the difference between the Arlo Ultra 2 and Arlo Ultra cameras?

I do not have any information for EU availability at this time. Keep an eye on https://www.arlo.com/eu/ for Arlo Ultra 2 announces on features and availability.

JamesC

Ewiok
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can someone confirm the lack or better range with Ultra 2 cameras in EU? ...the main selling point for Ultra 2.

And is it possible to fix it by flashing the base station with a corrected firmware?

Ewiok
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have got the information that long range for Ultra 2 isnt enabled in Europe. Is this corrent? Is this that 2.4 GHz band isnt enabled in Europe? The VMB5000 EU base station I have experience with only gives out a 5GHz wifi. Will in normal case 2.4 GHz be enabled when you choose to add a non Ultra camera, as Pro or Ultra 2?

Im waiting to get my hands on Ultra 2 because of the longer range because I need it. Extra base station isnt an alternative in my case.

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
Its possible that 2.4 is not authorized for the radio spectrum in some countries outside the USA. Spectrum authority is different in every country.
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Unless there has been a recent change there are 14 2.4ghz channels.  The FCC has authorized 11 in America and the ETSI has authorized 13 in EU.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation