Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 Intermittent - stops detecting motion/unreliable

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
glennman
Tutor
Tutor

Every so often I need to  reboot the base station so the camera works again.  Could be tomorrow or in 6 mths. Firmware is up to date.

Not good. 

Would be nice if Arlo provided an e-mail address for bugs so I wouldn’t have to broadcast this.

3 REPLIES 3
glennman
Tutor
Tutor

Now it’s happening for another Ultra 2!  I rebooted the base station this morning and the first camera works for now but now my wife just drove by another camera and NOTHING was detected!  Both show adequate signal strength. Wholly Unreliable Ultra 2s, Batman!!!

Anyone have any suggestions?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@glennman wrote:

but now my wife just drove by another camera and NOTHING was detected!  s?

How far away was she from the camera?

Nominal range for the passive infrared (PIR) sensors is about 25 feet.  However, that is for people - vehicles often can be picked up from farther away.  But that does depend on how warm the vehicle is - the amount of reflected light can also make a difference.

glennman
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks!

the car was within 25 ft and the motion was across the field of view, not going towards or away so something is off.  Battery was over 95 percent of not 100. 

The camera seemed to detect again after I rebooted the base station.  
And I lowered the height awhile ago so it’s there’a less vertical angle loss issues.
On a related note,  I think customers would welcome longer motion detection distance than 25 ft.  No manufacturers ever seem to understand this. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation