Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Subscription required to add one Arlo Ultra 2?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
inkognito
Follower
Follower

Hi, I have an VMB4000 base station with three Pro 2 cameras connected. It runs on the free subscription with 7 days of cloud storage.

I'd like to buy an additional camera, been looking at the Ultra 2.

I can see here, that it will connect to the base station fine. 
But I can't seem to figure out if I'm forced into to get a paid subscription, if I buy one.

I'd like to continue using the three Pro 2's as I've always done, and the extra Ultra 2, I'd like to record on local USB storage connected to the base station. Is this possible without purchasing an subscription with a monthly fee?

BTW: I understand that some features like the animal and car detection requires paid subscription in the cloud, it's just basic motion triggered recording I', interested in...

Best answers
  • StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

@inkognito wrote:

it's just basic motion triggered recording I', interested in...

The Pro 2 cameras will continue to work as they do now.

The Ultra requires a paid subscription to get basic motion-triggered recording in the Arlo cloud.  Without a subscription you can get recording to local USB storage.  You need to remove that storage and connect it to a PC to review the recordings.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062312/What-options-will-I-have-when-the-Arlo-trial-ends

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@inkognito wrote:

it's just basic motion triggered recording I', interested in...

The Pro 2 cameras will continue to work as they do now.

The Ultra requires a paid subscription to get basic motion-triggered recording in the Arlo cloud.  Without a subscription you can get recording to local USB storage.  You need to remove that storage and connect it to a PC to review the recordings.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062312/What-options-will-I-have-when-the-Arlo-trial-ends

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation