Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Recently changed plans to Arlo Secure Plus. 4k camera snapshots only in 1080p?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
misteree
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently changed plans from the older, to the newer plan (currently on Arlo Secure Plus) and ever since, camera snapshots will only take in 1920 x 1080 resolution, vs 3840 x 2160 that it was before?

Is there any reason for this?

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@misteree wrote:

I recently changed plans from the older, to the newer plan (currently on Arlo Secure Plus) and ever since, camera snapshots will only take in 1920 x 1080 resolution, vs 3840 x 2160 that it was before?

I'm seeing that with my Ultra also.

@JamesC:  is this a known bug?  

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey misteree and StephenB,

Manual snapshots and videos are limited to 1080p. Only 4K cloud recordings can be saved to your library with an Arlo Secure Plus subscription. 

@misteree - Just to be sure, are you referring to manual snapshots or cloud recordings?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JessicaP wrote:

Just to be sure, are you referring to manual snapshots or cloud recordings?

I am referring to manual snapshots (not video recordings).

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This is just to know if @misteree is referring to manual snapshots or cloud recordings since manual snapshot and manual video recording is only available in 1080p while cloud recording is available in 4K with Arlo Secure Plus subscription.

misteree
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is referring to manual snapshots, which as of a few days ago worked.

Can you please change my plan back to the previous one then. This is ridiculous that I upgraded my plan and I've lost features/functionality. Especially considering I upgraded my plan to a 4K version.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you provide a screenshot where you saw your manual snapshots to be in 4K resolution? And what subscription did you have previously?

misteree
Aspirant
Aspirant

Prior to the 25th of october, when i did a manual snapshot and downloaded it, the resolution was 3840x2160 with a file size of about 1MB. Now its 1920x1080 and about 250KB.

I had a mix of Secure (new cameras) and the older plan (i cant find what it was called).

See attached downloaded snapshot from august, where the resolution was 4k (3840x2160).

Screenshot_20211105-113852_Gallery.jpg
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for those screenshots. I'd recommend contacting the support team by navigating to Settings > Support in the Arlo App so they can further assist you with this.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation