Solar Panel Charging for Ultra I am buying

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
EODK9Trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Help. i would like to purchase an Ultra 2 Camera for outside and a Solar Panel Charger to avoid having to purchase the 25 foot charging cable to drill into the garage.  These will go under the overhang of the garage roof.  The sun comes up in the am where this set up will be but will only receive moderate sun and it may not truly reach the solar panel very well and apparently Arlo does not sell a longer mounting bracket, at least per them.  Is this doable and will sunny days keep the camera charged as long as I charge the camera in the home before it is mounted outside?  I do not want to purchase the solar panel if this thing needs hours and hours of sunlight and Arlo could not give me an answer.  Thanks in advance.  

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Obviously this will depend on both how much sunshine the panel receives, and how much video the camera streams.

My own Ultra is connected to a panel with receives moderate sun (shaded by tree branches in the summer).  The panel helps reduce the amount of charging, but doesn't totally eliminate it.  

EODK9Trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.  It will not stay on all the time and since I am retired it will not be on a whole lot.  Night time mainly once we're in for the night or when we're gone.  I'm just concerned on whether partial sun will be enough or not.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation