Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Setup for Ultra 2 Camera without Smart Hub

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
WhiteFields
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to connect an Ultra 2 camera to the app without using a SmartHub but when I try to add a new device the app keeps asking me to plug in my SmartHub to an ethernet cable. Arlo says I can use the camera without a SmartHub, but seems like I can't. One Arlo help page says I can simply press the "Connect without SmartHub" button but I can't find it. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@WhiteFields wrote:

I am trying to connect an Ultra 2 camera to the app without using a SmartHub 

You can't, as that particular camera doesn't support direct connection to your home wifi.

@WhiteFields wrote:

Arlo says I can use the camera without a SmartHub, but seems like I can't. One Arlo help page says I can simply press the "Connect without SmartHub" button but I can't find it. Any ideas?

Where are you seeing this?  Are you sure this info applies to the Ultra 2?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@WhiteFields wrote:

I am trying to connect an Ultra 2 camera to the app without using a SmartHub 

You can't, as that particular camera doesn't support direct connection to your home wifi.

@WhiteFields wrote:

Arlo says I can use the camera without a SmartHub, but seems like I can't. One Arlo help page says I can simply press the "Connect without SmartHub" button but I can't find it. Any ideas?

Where are you seeing this?  Are you sure this info applies to the Ultra 2?

WhiteFields
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the answer. I read THIS ARTICLE  and thought it was for all Arlo devices.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation