Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Setting Arlo Ultra 2 for bedtime

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rcsilber
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm a newbie to the Arlo world, and just finished installing a four camera Ultra 2 with base station, along with a wired doorbell.

I have geofencing utilized to arm and disarm my cameras, which works nicely when I leave and return home. How can I easily set all the cameras to detect motion for the evening and bedtime hours? 

I've tried setting custom modes and schedule, but this doesn't seem to give what I need, and I am probably missing something simple. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
As an example I have created custom modes for daytime, evening and bedtime.

Each of the custom modes has a camera rule for each camera I want monitoring during that time. (If you do not have a rule for a camera it will not be active during that mode)

You customise each camera rule to record and notify if required.

In the schedule mode I have the three custom modes set to cover the 24hrs, set to all days of the week.(you cannot over lap midnight so you need to end the mode at 1159pm and start again at 0000am using the same wanted mode.

In geofencing I have set the “home” configuration to use the schedule mode and “away” configuration to use armed mode.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
As an example I have created custom modes for daytime, evening and bedtime.

Each of the custom modes has a camera rule for each camera I want monitoring during that time. (If you do not have a rule for a camera it will not be active during that mode)

You customise each camera rule to record and notify if required.

In the schedule mode I have the three custom modes set to cover the 24hrs, set to all days of the week.(you cannot over lap midnight so you need to end the mode at 1159pm and start again at 0000am using the same wanted mode.

In geofencing I have set the “home” configuration to use the schedule mode and “away” configuration to use armed mode.
rcsilber
Aspirant
Aspirant

Perfect! Being a newbie, I did not realize that a custom mode appeared in the scheduling option. I just keep finding more and more to like with Arlo... good choice so far 😊.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation