Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
sternbz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Ultra 2 I would like to schedule a 4K Snapshot every day at a specific time. I am having two issues:

1. I am only allowed to schedule a video routine, not a snapshot.
  2. When I take a snapshot manually, it is fairly pixellated not 4K as advertised

Thanks for the support!

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't tried this but I do see that you can disable the recording and add an action that is a snapshot. This is on the new user interface (UI) that uses Feed to view recordings - I have no way to check the old UI that uses Library.

Since you can't use 4k live streaming on a camera connected to a base or hub, how is it that you're taking manual snapshots? If from live view, it's not 4k - I believe it's 1080p which can be the reason you're not getting a high quality snapshot.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I think this is only possible for video doorbells and on the new GUI only. I don't think you can take a snapshot with a camera, as it's greyed out in my actions, too. I find not being able to take a snapshot with a camera odd, as you can do it manually. Crazy, eh?

However, as an alternative, you could instruct your camera to record a video of a specific length (say 10s) at a specific time. Not ideal, but you could then a manual screenshot of the screen.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Booo, you can't take a snapshot with the doorbell either. So, I have no idea what this feature is for and how it works.

sternbz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would be okay with this, but even with Power Management set to "Best Video" the video clip is recording at 1920 × 1072. 

According to the Arlo Secure plan, it should be able to record in the cloud at 4K if the hardware is capable (which the Ultra 2 is). 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sternbz wrote:

I would be okay with this, but even with Power Management set to "Best Video" the video clip is recording at 1920 × 1072. 

According to the Arlo Secure plan, it should be able to record in the cloud at 4K if the hardware is capable (which the Ultra 2 is). 

Do you have auto zoom & tracking enabled?

Is this a manual recording or a motion detected one?

Manual recordings are made at 1080p (no idea why).  Auto-zoom and track uses digital zoom, so that will also reduce the resolution.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation