Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
klimesmd
Initiate
Initiate

I bought a very large 256 GB SanDisk Extreme V30 microSD card for use in local storage on my Ultra 2 camera system.  The hub did not recognize the card was installed.  After chatting with support, and trying another card, we determined the exFAT format would not be recognized, and a FAT32 format was required.  This was not clearly explained in the requirements section of the user manual.  I found in the Arlo Q forum that you can force the hub to turn on local storage on my.arlo.com settings, and then the hub can format and recognize the card.  This was not possible via the phone app, and FAT32 was not given as an option when trying to format via my laptop.

Recommendations to Arlo, add website testing to your customer service protocol and consider an update to allow exFAT file format compatibility where possible.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

exFAT isn't as widely implemented as FAT32, which is in VERY wide use on a wide variety of devices, including my latest DSLR from Canon. While exFAT would be a good choice for many, it's not universal.

BTW, inserting the card into the hub and turning on local storage should have recognized the card but required a format to make it useful.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation