Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Fozref
Tutor
Tutor

Ok....

so......

had the Arlo pro2 x4 cameras and base station for over 2 years now...

very few problems!

Am considering Arlo video doorbell and upgrading to the ultra 2 system.(€1300)

Have read that I’d be restricted to 5 cameras (4+doorbell)??

id get the first years elite subscription free.?

So purchasing upgraded camera system (4 x ultra2) at €1200 and extra years sub... that’ll be €1300.

I can get 6 x 4k wired Poe camera system (Re0l1nk) installed for that with no further subscription AND the Arlo video doorbell......

Can anyone convince me to stay with Arlo?

(been offered €350 for my current 4xpro2 camera system......)

4 REPLIES 4
dcfox1
Master
Master

Not sure I totally understand you but the Pro 2 cams will still be on the 7 day free storage. The Ultra 2 and the video doorbell will have a 3 month trial to Smart Premier and then you would have to subscribe to 2K Premier or Elite for 4K on the Ultra 2. The plan is for up to 5 cams but you can get a single cam sub for half off per cam if you need that for additional cams. 

Fozref
Tutor
Tutor
Yeh sorry…..
Should have made it more clear…..

The pro2 cameras AND free 7 day subscription give adequate coverage at the moment.
BUT …….
Having seen the capabilities of the competitions PoE wired 4k camera systems, I’m tempted to go wired for 6x 4k cameras, no subscription, arlo video doorbell (with sub of course) and installation for the price of the arlo ultra2 x4 camera system…….

Love the arlo but………..🤔
Fozref
Tutor
Tutor
So my question is …….
Do I spend my hard earned on an arlo ultra2 4xcam kit at €1200 (and €100 a year subscription)
OR
Do I spend the same amount on the latest 4k PoE cameras with NVR……..?
I can get an 8cam 4k PoE system (fitted) for the price of the arlo ultra2 4 cam kit…….. and no subscription.
I really love the arlo kit but reading up on the ultra2 does not make good reading….
dcfox1
Master
Master

That's up to you. I have Pro3's and are happy with them. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation