Remote viewing of recordings

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Peter_Mid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have 3 cameras connected to the hub. Can see the recordings when at home but how do i see them when i am away

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Peter_Mid wrote:

Have 3 cameras connected to the hub. Can see the recordings when at home but how do i see them when i am away

Just to confirm - I am thinking you have no subscription, and want to get direct access to local storage working remotely.  Is that the case?

Peter_Mid
Aspirant
Aspirant

That's correct no subscription

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Peter_Mid wrote:

That's correct no subscription

Ok.  There are two basic approaches you can use.  One is to implement port forwarding.  The other is to use a router-based VPN.  Both require setting changes in your router (and not all routers support an inbound VPN).

This article outlines the port forwarding approach (which I suspect is a bit easier for most people to set up).

Unfortunately some internet service providers won't allow an inbound connection to the cameras.  US broadband internet services for example don't support either port forwarding or router-based VPNs.  Some landline ISPs don't either (particularly some use a technology called CGNAT).  You can see if the forwarded ports are open using https://www.canyouseeme.org/ or a similar website.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation