Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Direct Storage Access Library not in Arlo Secure app Ultra 2 VBM5000

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MeadTP11
Follower
Follower

Got from Costco the Ultra 2 combo with SmartHub. 30 day trial expired so trying to access the local recordings in the micro SD card I inserted in VMB5000 but the instruction they provided doesn't seem to match what's in the iPhone Arlo secure app, like the switch next to the 'Direct Storage Access' is not there. Record Locally is on, View Recordings is on. Even tried turning on Port Forwarding but still can't find a way to view recordings. They mentioned about Library but can't find it anywhere. Tried the calendar on the upper right of the screen for a specific camera, I see the days of the month but I can't pick any dates. Selecting a specific day works during the trial period but it seems it's been disabled after trial expired. But in their marketing, it said local records can be access via the Arlo Secure App as long as the device and the phone where the Arlo Secure runs are in the same wi-fi network. I don't think the internal wi-fi in the smart hub is the wifi network they're referring to but the wifi of my ISP. Any help if much appreciated since I'm all new to this and deciding whether to return this to Costco coz they have a very good return policy. Want to get some answers before cyberMonday as there are other pretty good deals out there.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You were looking at the wrong FAQ which is for the old user interface (UI). Note that near the top of the FAQ is a link to the instructions for the new UI. Here's that link:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062818/How-do-I-set-up-local-storage-backups-using-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-S...

Since you're a new user, you get the new UI (everyone will eventually be on that). Make sure you get the right FAQ.

Go to Settings, Home, Devices, your hub. Alternatively, you can go to the Devices card which is shown along with Dashboard, Feed, etc. to choose the hub and then click on the gear icon at the top left to get to the settings. Click on Storage Settings to set up local recordings. This is also where you will be able to view those recordings.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation