Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Epithet
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have successfully set up remote access to my SD card library. However, my first year subscription expired in August. Since then the restrictions applied to Cloud Storage, i.e. 1 month of recordings, appear to apply also to remote access to my SD library. 

Is this correct? If so, it effectively renders remote access to SD library feature redundant.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Local storage is permanent unless you have the Overwrite When Full setting checked. If that's an issue, use a larger drive. Have you safely ejected the drive and viewed on a computer to verify the issue?

Epithet
Aspirant
Aspirant

When removed and inserted into my laptop the SD card has recorded 4 months of video. However, as stated in my original enquiry I can access only the last month of recordings using the remote access feature via the App. In an online chat with ARLO support the service agent confirmed that once your free 12 month subscription has expired remote access to the SD card is restricted to 1 month only, i.e. no better than access to the Cloud recordings. This effectively renders the feature redundant for users not wishing to continue to subscribe to ARLO services. 

I am sure many ARLO users will share my disappointment at this serious flaw with the remote access feature.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have a subscription so can't verify this. @JamesC may be able to clarify this.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation