Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recently bought aftermarket charging block from Amazon. Does not charge above 93%?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
thor_ultra2
Guide
Guide

Hi Arlo Users,

I recently bought an aftermarket charging block off Amazon, using the Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 technology. However, when I go to charge my Arlo Ultra 2 (VMS5440-2CCNAS), the charge never goes above 93%. When I switch back to my Arlo charging block it is able to go back to 100%. I believe the two charging blocks are spec'd slightly different, potentially confusing the Ultra 2? 

This is the one I am using: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TQ5MVW7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is my aftermarket charging block faulty? I am potentially damaging my battery long-term?

Thanks for all the help!

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe maybe not faulty…

but it is 3 rd party so they prob don’t have the exact specs needed.

Either live with it or send back, that’s totally up to you.

prob not damaging the battery tho

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Some after markets work well and some don't.  I have used 3 different brands and 2 worked fine and 1 didn't, would not charge to 100%

thor_ultra2
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the response. I am sending it back - I am just annoyed it won't go above 93%. I will order the after market 30 ft cable, but will buy an extra Arlo charging block. That will probably do the trick.

thor_ultra2
Guide
Guide

Which one worked for you? Maybe you can attached the Amazon link here?

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Pavora was the brand I was getting from Amazon that worked with no issues.  Got them in a couple different lengths and they were great.  When they were short on a length I wanted I tried a three of the  Wasserstein and had trouble with every one.  So tried another that was the length I wanted ( would have to find it again for the brand) but it was to bulky for where I wanted to use it so I used the cable with an extra Arlo block I had.  Since the plug was under the house out of the weather figured I could get by with their standard block.  I have 6 of my 7 cams wired and Pavoras were 1/3 rd. of the Arlo price.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation