Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Purchased Ultra 2 camera and were not able to fully customize modes. Resolved issue on my own.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LuckyCharm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where should I send a complaint about tech support? I recently purchased a pair of Ultra 2 cameras with the Smart Hub, and after setting up the system with both my older and my brand-new cameras, the new Ultra 2's would not allow me to fully customize my modes. I called tech support, and both the original call taker and his "supervisor" told me that the system was designed to force notifications, that the only way to record video without notifications was to either create a custom mode, or to select email notifications and put in a bogus email address, all kinds of nonsense. After the conversation, "Ibrahim" sent me a link to a KB article with an overview of modes and rules, which did not solve the problem. I solved it myself by removing and reinstalling the new cameras.

I am concerned that these supposed "experts" are telling customers that the system was designed this way and the only workaround was to fill in a fake email address. 

I feel like this needs attention from somebody at Arlo itself, not just higher up within the call center. These guys were clearly just winging it and had no hands-on knowledge of the product.

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi LuckyCharm,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

LuckyCharm
Aspirant
Aspirant

JessicaP, I'm being asked to accept your reply as a solution. I haven't heard anything further on this. Can you tell me what action is being taken? Thanks.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I sent a private message to you earlier last week mentioning that your feedback has been sent to our team for them to review. They have took your feedback and took note of it as they are always looking ways to improve the experience. Thank you again for your feedback.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation