Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pre-purcahse questions about Arlo Ultra 2

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jjh2000
Follower
Follower

Doing some research before buying home video security:

1 - is there a limit to the number of cameras that can be used with a single base station? For example can a single base station support 4?  8?   10? Ultra 2 cameras.

2 - I plan to have 3 or 4 cameras outside and 3 or 4 inside - one base station or two?

3 - I understand video records to the cloud with a purchased plan, but can I use an app on my phone and view live what the camera sees even though no motion detected, so no recording

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jjh2000 wrote:

1 - is there a limit to the number of cameras that can be used with a single base station? For example can a single base station support 4?  8?   10? Ultra 2 cameras.

There's no official limit on the number of cameras for a smarthub, but there is a limit on the number of simultaneous streams (which is 5 per base).

@jjh2000 wrote:

2 - I plan to have 3 or 4 cameras outside and 3 or 4 inside - one base station or two?

It's more about the distance and signal quality between the cameras and the base than the numbers of cameras.

I am guessing two bases, but it's really hard to say.

@jjh2000 wrote:

3 - I understand video records to the cloud with a purchased plan, but can I use an app on my phone and view live what the camera sees even though no motion detected, so no recording

Activity zones is another subscription feature.

Note with a smarthub (VMB4540 or VMB5000) you can view locally stored recordings from the app - not nearly as convenient as the subscription for cloud storage, but better than no recordings at all.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation