Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Only 1 camera detects and record. The other one can do live feed and manual recording.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DanielleLi
Aspirant
Aspirant

My ultra 2 has never been able to detect and record since it was installed. Only the pro 4 works as intended.

They are both connected to the base station. I have tried restarting the base station and resyncing. Doesn't work.

Checked rules and everything is correct. Wifi connection has full bars. Smart notifications are on. Checked activity zone too.

It can do live feed and records manually. Just not detecting or sending any notification.

It is fixed to the roof of a two storey house right now and powered by solar panel, so is there anything I can do that doesn't involve manually going up there to reset the battery?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As long as you have a subscription for the camera it should be able to record. However, being on the roof of a 2 story house may well prevent detection which is limited to ~25 feet for people. That's why Arlo suggests 7-8 feet above the ground for mounting. 

You can try setting motion detection to 100 in your modes and rules but I wouldn't bet on that helping.

DanielleLi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! Arlo support has advised me to delete all my modes with rules and schedules, and that has worked. 

Despite how high up it is it can detect motion pretty clearly.

I am waiting for further instructions on whether it's okay to recreate the same rules, but this might be helpful for people who have encountered the same issues.

DanielleLi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: tried to add custom modes and the ultra 2 stopped working entirely....

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation